Published on July 16th, 2009 | by Derek Yang2
iPod Nano overheats and explodes
The ministry of economy and trade in Japan announced that earlier this month, an iPod Nano was reported to have overheated and started a small fire. This marks the 19th case of a portable music player exploding in Japan. The iPod Nano gave off a loud explosion like sound and then began to spark. The picture above was taken by a film crew who happened to be in the area. The iPod Nano has been known to have electrical problems for a while now. Recently declassified material shows the iPod Nano as being responsible for starting numerous fires including but not limited to three in the United States last year alone. Other notable incidents directly caused by the iPod Nano include the Hindenburg disaster and the fall of the Mayan Empire.