Review of the iFuzen HP-1 for iPhone 4, a battery pack with a twist
Another contender to the Mophie ‘battery pack’ crown steps up as the iFuzen HP-1 for the iPhone 4 offers much of the same features but with an extra twist. The iFuzen is not only a battery case but also a headphone splitter, and amplifier with different sound modes. With its sleek look and a new revise on current amenities in the market, is the case worth the buy over competitors?
Now charged I headed out for my experiment of a ‘weekend with the iFuzen.’ Admittedly, it took time for me to adjust to the cases now 1/2 inch extension over the footer of the phone. I turned on the numeric battery option (jailbreak sbsettings) to better monitor the charging. Whenever I saw the iPhone come close to 100% I switched the charging off to conserve the battery. By Monday morning the battery pack had 50% battery life left according to the LED status, and my iPhone still charged over 70%. The iPhone 4 battery life is quite well on it’s own so this may not be a priority accessory if you are not a hardcore user as I wasn’t that weekend. If tethering the internet, streaming, or even playing tunes on the go, the iFuzen could be your best friend.
The extra feature of the headphone splitter, and amplifier is a nice add-on that I tested out, but have not had to use in a real-world scenario yet. The amplify feature did come in handy when I annoyed the co-workers with my tunes by using the case in conjunction with the iMainGo X speaker. Something you could keep in mind when considering the abilities of buying the iFuzen battery pack. Here is the official features from iFuzen.
- Proprietary Auzentech Headphone Amplifier
- Dual Headphone Output port to share your listening with your friends
- ZX-Driver provides Ultra-Low Distortion and Max 180mW output power
- J-FET OP-AMP to provide Vacuum Tube like sound output
- Proprietary Auzentech Balanced Power Supply
- Sound Mode, Selector button & Status Indicator
- Touch panel volume control
- Unique & compact design to match your iPhone 4 look
- Impressive 1650mAH Li-Polymer battery with Smart protection circuit
- 4-Steps LED battery life meter and battery life check button
- Charge via USB port (from desktop PC or Laptop) with supplied USB cable
- Supports USB pass through, iTunes Sync
- Last up to 500 full charges